2021 Capita Ultrafear Mens Snowboard
As a three-time Transworld Good Wood Award winner and star of endless video segments, no board has seen more screen time than CAPiTA’s team favorite, the ULTRAFEAR. With Kevlar/Titanal Body Armor™ and a 1.5 mm Cork Edge Dampening System alongside the high strength Holysheet™ Fiberglass configuration, the technically advanced composition of the ULTRAFEAR provides increased ollie power and a toughness coveted by many riders. Loaded with high-end technical attributes and further upgraded with a Dual Blaster Ashpop Core™ and Quantum Drive™ high-speed sintered base, the ULTRAFEAR stands as one of the greatest jib and park boards in the world.
Board Type: Park and Jib
- Camber Type: Park V2 Profile
- Flat camber beginning outside each insert and travelling through the centre of the board, with rocker zones from outside the inserts to the tip and tail. This new profile puts more flat in the board and shortens the rocker zones, maintaining pressability and a catch-free ride with extra stability and pop.
- Flex: 5.5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
- Shape: True Twin - Constructed the same from nose to tail, this board will ride switch and regular equally well for controlled jumps, landings, turns, and spins.
- Radial Sidecut - A Radial sidecut is a single radius design that allows your board to start and finish a turn on the same arc.
- Core: Dual Blaster Ashpop Core - The Dual Blaster Ashpop Core features internal Poplar strips fused with a more dense and powerful ash wood through the insert area and along the rails. This provides a solid, predictable feel underfoot with an energetic and consistent ride.
- Kevlar / Titanal Body Armour - Kevlar applied to the shoulders of the Ultrafear makes them incredibly tough and impact resistant, and it's thermally stable so it maintains its strength even at sub zero temperatures. A Titanal alloy through the centreline of the board magnifies the compression strength and takes the durability and dependability through the roof.
- Cork Edge Dampening System - 1.5mm full cork dampening from contact point to contact point in both edges increase protection from blunt force impacts without adding the weight of rubber dampening.
- HolySheet Fibreglass + Magic Bean Resin - HolySheet glass has a higher glass to weight ratio than normal fibreglass, giving you more stiffness with lower weight than a traditional layup. This is impregnated with a high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin that provides a powerful and dynamic ride that's better for the planet.
- Base: Quantum Drive Base - Harder, faster and stronger than their normal sintered base, this base will keep you zooming.
- Multitech level 4 DeepSpace silkscreen + PAM 16000 topsheet w/ metallic underlay
- Multitech sublimation + die-cut base
- PLT topsheet technology
- 360 degree HRC48 steel edges with offset seam
- Full ABS1000 sidewalls
- Stainless steel 4x2 inserts