2021 Capita The Black Snowboard of Death Mens
Behold The 20th Anniversary Black Snowboard of Death. TWENTY years, wow. It feels just like yesterday we die-cut the OG Merchant of Death Skull into a progressive, directional all-black silhouette and left the tracks on this runaway train called CAPiTA.
With legendary status as an all-terrain slayer and too many accolades to name, The Black Snowboard of Death has been continually morphed and modified. The only element that has remained the same over the years is the name itself.
For 2020, this CAPiTA classic has been completely reshaped within its anytime, anyplace, all-mountain design mantra, which made it famous from the beginning. This adaptation features a slightly wider frame with tighter side cut arcs and Death Grip™, a reverse sidecut arc in the midsection that enables the shape to whip into quick turns.
With a well-balanced directional shape and high-powered construction, this custom-designed rocket ship allows for incredible control—making you a better snowboarder in variable terrain and changing conditions.
- Board Type: All Mountain and Powder Performance
- Camber Type: Alpine V1 Profile
- Positive camber through most of the board for a stable and poppy ride, with a reverse camber nose and flat tail for effortless float in deep snow.
- Flex: 6.5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
- Shape: Progressive/Directional - Built specifically for directional all mountain charging, this board has a radial side cut teamed up with a tapered tail. This narrower tail naturally drops down into the powder while the wider nose section floats above the snow line. The result is less fatigue and more fun as the board surfs powder or charges through slush and hard pack.
- New Age Directional - This board features a progressive sidecut which incorporates a reverse sidecut arc in the middle of the board. Due to a reduced effective edge as a result of hybrid camber shapes, this reverse camber arc adds an additional point of contact in the centre of the board (aka Death Grip), allowing you to retain better control through turns.
- Core: FSC Certified FC Hover Core - Engineered specifically for high-end performance, the FC Hover Core is a true display of Capitas technical prowess. Thin cut low-density Paulownia strips are combined with 7mm Poplar beams to create intense response, while two embedded Forged Carbon rods bolster power and strength through the tip and tail. The end result: an extremely technical core that delivers premium strength while staying incredibly light.
- Carbon Fleece Power Shield - Achieve maximum thrust and stability thanks to two underfoot power pads that add power while staying torsionally forgiving, allowing you to control your board with ease even when getting bucked around in varied terrain.
- Amplitex V-Tech Amplifier - Amplitex is a natural Flax fibre woven with carbon strands, giving you the reactive energy of carbon with the lightweight dampening properties of Flax. These two fibres are placed in 4 x 30mm strips, working in unison to reinforce the board while flexing uniformly and remaining light, durable, and extra snappy.
- HolySheet Tri/Tri Fibreglass + Magic Bean Resin - Triax/Triax HolySheet glass has a higher glass to weight ratio than normal fibreglass, giving you more stiffness with lower weight than a traditional layup. This is impregnated with a high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin that provides a powerful and dynamic ride that's better for the planet.
- Base: Hyperdrive Base - This exclusively formulated sintered base is designed for the most depraved speed junkies, bar none. Ultra high molecular weight, ultra high density polyethylene, custom engineered with super secret special additives. That's a one way ticket to a face meltingly fast ride.
- Moonshot Pro-Tune - Capita have taken it a step further and given this base a stone grind structure which helps it glide over snow with minimal resistance.
- Death Grip
- Multitech level 5 DeepSpace metallic silkscreen + PAM 16000 topsheet with metallic underlay
- Die-cut base
- PLT topsheet technology
- 360 degree HRC48 steel edges
- Full ABS1000 sidewalls
- Stainless steel 4x2 inserts
- 0.5" setback