2021 Capita Super DOA Wide Snowboard
Bear witness to the technically supreme, supercharged, SUPER D.O.A. This game-changing super-snowboard has embraced the shaping and camber theory from one of the most successful and widely loved snowboards ever and amplified the construction for some serious fun.
For 2020, Capita integrated post-consumer recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate into ultra-thin strips of Poplar and Paulownia to form an advanced hybrid wood core. That’s tech talk for saying Capita found a way to redirect discarded plastic bottles out of the recycling bin and put them into our snowboards. Combined with 50 mm Super Carbon™ and three-dimensional coring, the industry-first FSC® Certified 3D Thermopolymer Hover Core™ provides reduced weight, increased impact thresholds, and enhanced reaction performance alongside our commitment to evolve responsible manufacturing.
If you want one of the most award-winning snowboards on the market combined with the most
- Board Type: Resort and Park
- Camber Type: ReV1 Profilesort
- Positive Camber through the middle of the board with a small section of Flat from the 5cm past the inserts to the contact points, and small rocker sections in the tip and tail for a catch free ride. This board rides with the pop and great carving skills of a camber board, but you won't dig your nose and tail contact points in quite as hard which means less unexpected bails after landing your tricks.
- Flex: 6/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
- Shape: True Twin - Constructed the same from nose to tail, this board will ride switch and regular equally well for controlled jumps, landings, turns, and spins.
- Blended Radial Sidecut - Blended Radial Sidecuts feature a single radius arc through the midsection of the board combined with a custom designed blend zone at the contact points. Varying the length of these blend zones and tailoring them specifically for certain aspects of riding greatly improves a board’s performance.
- Core: FSC Certified 3D Thermopolymer Core - This extremely lightweight, versatile core has been specially created for the Super DOA to elevate performance to dizzying new heights. This industry-first core combines 50mm super carbon, three dimensional coring, post-consumer recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate, and reforestation certified wood blanks to form an advanced hybrid core. This cut low-density Paulownia strips are combined with 7mm Poplar beams and then CNC milled for dynamic energy distribution. This core is incredibly lightweight, durable, and responsive.
- Fortress Kevlar Bound Sidewalls - Kevlar is laid up above the sidewalls for extra control and power in your turns.
- Super Carbon - 2 x 50mm super wide carbon strips are laid along the length of the board into the tip and tail. This extra wide carbon adds twice the power and response of alternative carbon additives.
- HolySheet Tri/Tri Fibreglass + Magic Bean Resin - Triax/Triax HolySheet glass has a higher glass to weight ratio than normal fibreglass, giving you more stiffness with lower weight than a traditional layup. This is impregnated with a high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin that provides a powerful and dynamic ride that's better for the planet.
- Base: HyperDrive Base - This exclusively formulated sintered base is designed for the most depraved speed junkies, bar none. Ultra high molecular weight, ultra high density polyethylene, custom engineered with super secret special additives. That's a one way ticket to a face meltingly fast ride.
- Moonshot Pro-Tune - Capita have taken it a step further and given this base a stone grind structure which helps it glide over snow with minimal resistance.
- Multitech level 4 DeepSpace silkscreen + PAM 16000 topsheet with metallic underlay
- Die-cut base
- 360 degree HRC48 steel edges
- Full ABS1000 sidewalls
- Stainless steel 4x2 inserts