2021 Capita Mercury Mens Snowboard
Fast and powerful, this is the switchblade of powder boards, and it will slash the backcountry like no other. While many great powder boards are large and surfy, the Kazu Kokubo Pro comes in a compact chassis with a powder nose and a slightly tapered tail, making this award-winning series quick and maneuverable.
This versatility is perfect for those side-country powder mornings when things get tracked, and you end up back inside the resort boundaries for the remainder of the day. It unleashes maximum power through the FSC® Certified Panda Core™ with Bamboo Power Rods™ and is loaded with high-end construction components like a new Skinless™ Core Ash woodgrain topsheet, HyperDrive™ high-speed sintered base, and Amplitex™ V-Tech Amplifiers. While it’s a lofty goal, this board is your first step towards trying to emulate Kazu’s legendary riding style.
- Rider Type: Resort
- Camber Type: Resort V2 Profile - The Resort V2 Profile gives you the best of both worlds. Raised camber through the inserts to retain high speed edge hold, rocker at the contact points to reduce catch and enhance float in powder, and flat kick tip and tail for faster, more aggressive transitions.
- Flex: 6.5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
- Shape: Directional - This board has a setback stance and slightly directional shape, giving you better control going forwards but still allowing you to ride switch with ease.
- New Age Directional - This board features a progressive sidecut which incorporates a reverse sidecut arc in the middle of the board. Due to a reduced effective edge as a result of hybrid camber shapes, this reverse camber arc adds an additional point of contact in the centre of the board (aka Death Grip), allowing you to retain better control through turns.
- Core: FSC Certified Panda Core - The Panda Core was engineered with a focus on all-terrain technical freestyle riding. Featuring the same lightweight, poppy, smooth Poplar and Paulowia wood as Capitas Superlight P2 Core enhanced with inlaid bamboo power rods, this high-density core is strong enough to handle any kind of terrain while staying super light.
- Amplitex V-Tech Amplifier - Amplitex is a natural Flax fibre woven with carbon strands, giving you the reactive energy of carbon with the lightweight dampening properties of Flax. These two fibres are placed in 4 x 30mm strips, working in unison to reinforce the board while flexing uniformly and remaining light, durable, and extra snappy.
- HolySheet Fibreglass + Magic Bean Resin - HolySheet glass has a higher glass to weight ratio than normal fibreglass, giving you more stiffness with lower weight than a traditional layup. This is impregnated with a high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin that provides a powerful and dynamic ride that's better for the planet.
- Base: Hyperdrive Base - This exclusively formulated sintered base is designed for the most depraved speed junkies, bar none. Ultra high molecular weight, ultra high density polyethylene, custom engineered with super secret special additives. That's a one way ticket to a face meltingly fast ride.
- New age directional sidecut with Death Grip
- Multitech level 6 DeepSpace silkscreen + PAM 16000 topsheet with metallic underlay
- Die-cut base
- PLT topsheet technology
- 360 degree HRC48 steel edges
- Full ABS1000 sidewalls
- Stainless steel 4 x 2 inserts
- 0.5" setback