2021 Capita Kazu Kokubo Pro Mens Snowboard
Fast and powerful, this is the switchblade of powder boards, and it will slash the backcountry like no other. While many great powder boards are large and surfy, the Kazu Kokubo Pro comes in a compact chassis with a powder nose and a slightly tapered tail, making this award-winning series quick and maneuverable.
This versatility is perfect for those side-country powder mornings when things get tracked, and you end up back inside the resort boundaries for the remainder of the day. It unleashes maximum power through the FSC® Certified Panda Core™ with Bamboo Power Rods™ and is loaded with high-end construction components like a new Skinless™ Core Ash woodgrain topsheet, HyperDrive™ high-speed sintered base, and Amplitex™ V-Tech Amplifiers. While it’s a lofty goal, this board is your first step towards trying to emulate Kazu’s legendary riding style.
- Rider Type: All Mountain and Powder
- Camber Type: Alpine V2 Profile
- The Alpine V2 Profile features lowered camber through the board with a reverse camber nose, which maintains the aggressive response and power of camber while providing maximum float and stability in powder. The camber runs deep into the tail on the Kazu which keeps the back of the board stable and powerful in all conditions.
- Flex: 6.5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
- Shape: Directional - This board is engineered for deep powder and all mountain versatility, featuring a radial sidecut complemented by a tapered tail. This narrower tail section naturally sinks in powder while the wide nose floats above the surface, giving you smooth flowing turns and an easy, surfy, floaty ride in powder.
- Radical Taper - This board features a radial sidecut paired with a tapered tail. This narrower tail section sinks in powder while the wide nose floats above the snow, resulting in less work, more fun, and smooth arcing turns.
- Core: FSC Certified Panda Core - The Panda Core was engineered with a focus on all-terrain technical freestyle riding. Featuring the same lightweight, poppy, smooth Poplar and Paulowia wood as Capitas Superlight P2 Core enhanced with inlaid bamboo power rods, this high-density core is strong enough to handle any kind of terrain while staying super light.
- Amplitex V-Tech Amplifier - Amplitex is a natural Flax fibre woven with carbon strands, giving you the reactive energy of carbon with the lightweight dampening properties of Flax. These two fibres are placed in 4 x 30mm strips, working in unison to reinforce the board while flexing uniformly and remaining light, durable, and extra snappy.
- HolySheet Fibreglass + Magic Bean Resin - HolySheet glass has a higher glass to weight ratio than normal fibreglass, giving you more stiffness with lower weight than a traditional layup. This is impregnated with a high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin that provides a powerful and dynamic ride that's better for the planet.
- Base: Hyperdrive Base - This exclusively formulated sintered base is designed for the most depraved speed junkies, bar none. Ultra high molecular weight, ultra high density polyethylene, custom engineered with super secret special additives. That's a one way ticket to a face meltingly fast ride.
- Skinless Core Ash Woodgrain Topsheet - This board has a specially treated pure wood veneer topsheet with a unique tactile feel that is 220gm light than a standard topsheet.
- Multitech level 5 DeepSpace silkscreen + Custom Stained Core Ash Topsheet
- Sublimation base
- 360 degree HRC48 steel edges
- Full ABS1000 sidewalls
- Stainless steel 4x2 inserts
- 0.5" setback