2021 Capita Defenders Of Awesome Wide Snowboard
The Defenders of Awesome series has a big reputation and these boards back it up. As winners of the most coveted design award in snowboarding for an unprecedented seven years in a row, this model became our #1 selling snowboard and one of the most sought-after snowboards in the world.
The D.O.A. features a next-generation hybrid camber design that delivers the pop and response of a cambered board with the predictability of reverse camber and is now available in an extended range of wide sizes. With construction technology like an upgraded Dual Blaster Ashpop™ Core, Fortress™ Kevlar Bound Sidewalls and a high-speed Quantum Drive™ base advancing these boards beyond their modest retail price, the D.O.A. series stands proud as the ultimate go anywhere, do anything freestyle deck.
- Board Type: Park Laps and Everywhere Else
- Camber Type: Resort V1 Profile
- Positive Camber through the middle of the board with a small section of Flat from after the inserts to the contact points, and small rocker sections in the tip and tail for a catch free ride. This board rides with the pop and great carving skills of a camber board, but you won't dig your nose and tail contact points in quite as hard which means less unexpected bails after landing your tricks.
- Flex: 5.5 / 10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
- Shape: True Twin - Constructed the same from nose to tail, this board will ride switch and regular equally well for controlled jumps, landings, turns, and spins.
- Blended Radial Sidecuts feature a single radius arc through the midsection of the board combined with a custom designed blend zone at the contact points. Varying the length of these blend zones and tailoring them specifically for certain aspects of riding greatly improves a board’s performance.
- Core: Dual Blaster Ashpop Core - The Dual Blaster Ashpop Core features internal Poplar strips fused with a more dense and powerful ash wood through the insert area and along the rails. This provides a solid, predictable feel underfoot with an energetic and consistent ride.
- Fortress Kevlar Bound Sidewalls - Flyweight Kevlar is laid up above the sidewalls for extra control and power in your turns.
- Carbon Fibre Boosters - Carbon Fibre is laid parallel to the edge along the length of the board for more pop and power with minimal added weight.
- Special Blend Fibreglass & Magic Bean Resin - Custom weighted Biaxial top and bottom fiberglass increases strength and durability, which is impregnated with high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin.
- Base: Quantum Drive Base - Harder, faster and stronger than their normal sintered base, this base will keep you zooming.
- Multitech level 4 DeepSpace silkscreen + PAM 16000 topsheet with metallic underlay
- Sublimation base
- PLT topsheet technology
- 360 degree HRC48 steel edges
- Full ABS1000 sidewalls
- Stainless steel 4x2 inserts