2020 HO Syndicate Omni Slalom Ski With Feemax Boot And RTP
The Syndicate OMNI is where precision meets efficiency. Developed to enhance ski progression in the slalom course at all speeds, this hybrid-width crossover shape is built with our ultra-high performance Carbon Fiber PVC Core Construction. The Syndicate Omni's Flex-Frame provides increased torsional flex for the maneuverable feel of a traditional ski with the added speed & stability of a wideride ski. This allows the ski to twist creating tighter turns while added width provides the stable platform skiers need. The Omni was designed with a Hybrid Waist Width, halfway between those typically found in traditional skis and those in wideride skis.
- SYNDICATE CONSTRUCTION: A proprietary combination of aerospace carbon fiber and ultra-lightweight PVC Foam Core Technology for a lighter more responsive ski that utilizes the world's top materials for unparalleled performance
- FLEX-FRAME: Increased torsional flex provides the maneuverable feel of a traditional ski with the speed & stability of a wideride ski
- HYBRID WIDTH: A waist width halfway between a traditional ski and a wideride ski provides for smooth instinctive turns at a wide range of speeds
- CLEAN EDGE 3.0 TAIL: The Clean Edge bevel-less tail produces less drag and more acceleration with less skier input.
- CONTINUOUS ROCKERLINE: Instinctive turns with no paralleling
- DEEP CONCAVE: Added stability in turn balanced by low drag Clean Edge tail
- CARBON FIBER SPEEDSKIN: Advanced laminar textured ski base to reduce ski drag & increase speed, with 20% less ski weight!
- SYNDICATE ADJUSTABLE FIN: A simple, minimal and functional design utilizing a single 5-32 hex key for micro-adjustment and fin blade clamping
HO FREEMAX SLALOM SKI BOOT
Open Water Freeride Ease
The MAX Ski Boot Collection was conceptualized, designed and created on this minimalist ideal. The skyMAX and freeMAX slalom ski boots give skiers a window into the future of water ski boot form and function. Combining the art of traditional “old world” lasting techniques with cutting edge footwear materials, HO has created the industry’s best fitting, most comfortable collection of water ski boots. The addition of HO’s Direct Connect Mounting System pushes water ski boot performance to a new level, unobtainable with traditional boot plates. With hundreds of hours of fit and on-water testing, the MAX Ski Boot Collection redefines what can be expected from a water ski boot.
Direct Connect Mounting System
Direct Connect positions boot mounting hardware directly beneath the foot’s natural balance and mobility centers: the heel and ball of the foot. Direct Connect eliminates the traditional mounting plate, greatly reducing boot weight, boot drag, and the boot’s impact on ski flex. The result is a natural 1:1 skier-to-ski moment-of-inertia never experienced before on the water. Direct Connect allows the entire HO Skis Boot Collection to redefine what can be expected from a water ski boot.
Natural Edge Angle
The traditional boot plate, with its perimeter mounted hardware, creates an artificially leveraged slalom ski. As the skier’s center of mass shifts off the side of the ski in a typical slalom cut, the traditional boot plate imparts an abrupt push and pull force on the ski's edges. Similar to a light switch, the ski is either “on" or “off” edge.
HO’s Direct Connect Mounting System
Replaces the traditional light switch with a modern dimmer switch! Imagine have ability to control the exact edge angle you desire, without being limited to the binary on/off edge pressure of a traditional boot plate. Just like an airplane rolls about its longitudinal axis, HO’s Direct Connect allows a slalom ski to roll about is longitudinal axis. The result is a natural edge angle feel where the skier is in completely control to choose desired edge angle.
Don’t let the marketing department fool you; no floating plate system eliminates a traditional boot plate’s effect on ski flex. HO’s Direct Connect System reduces the ski boot’s flex footprint dead spot by up to 50%. With Direct Connect, the ski is allowed to flex more closely to its intended design, allowing for smoother and tighter slalom turns.
For years slalom skiers have been able to adjust fin location to the thousandth of an inch. But at the same time, skiers have been limited to large incremental boot adjustment, due to the mounting holes on traditional boot plates. Not anymore! HO’s Direct Connect Mounting System allows skiers infinite fore and aft boot adjustment. Now skiers can fine tune boot position as accurately as fin location, ensuring optimum ski setup. In addition, Direct Connect allows for up to +/- 7 degrees of boot rotation. The days of limiting your natural slalom stance, due to your boot plate hanging over the side of the ski, are over!
More tip to tail stiffness for greater acceleration and enhanced performance and higher speeds. Longitudinally stiffer for the more aggressive skier who demands more horsepower and increased response in pursuit of throwing the biggest water walls.
Increased torsional flex provides the maneuverable feel of a traditional ski with the added speed & stability of a wideride ski. This permits the ski to twist creating tighter turns while added width provides the stable platform skiers need.
A waist width halfway between a traditional ski and a wideride ski provides for smooth instinctive turns at a wide range of speeds.
CLEAN EDGE 3.0 TAIL
Clean Edge Technology reduces drag 50% by allowing water to release cleanly off the bottom of the ski. This differs from conventional edges where water wraps around the bevel, up the sidewall and releases off the upper edge creating suction. The Clean Edge bevel-less tail produces more acceleration with less skier input. In addition, we’ve enhanced stability by maintaining more bevel between the rear foot and fin. The result is a fast moving highly efficient ski with the handling required for tight line turns.
SPEED SKIN BASE
Fish-scale inspired advanced laminar textured ski base reduces ski drag and increases ski speed by breaking up water molecules during ski to water contact.
- NEW! Lower 175mm tall cuff height: Low profile for increased flexibility and comfort
- NEW! SBR Closed Cell Foam Liner for a natural rubber feel
- Composite textile shell. Reinforced in the Achilles spine and heel cup for improved durability. Softened over the instep and cuff wings for a more secure fit.
- 10mm thick, zero-drop, contoured footbed provides a solid platform for improved balance
- Dual Lace Zones: low drag bungee upper, static lower for precision control
- Removable Footbed Anchoring System for easier mounting
- Available with DirectConnect and traditional aluminum plate options fit all ski brands