GIRO Union MIPS Helmet
2020 GIRO Union Mips Helmet
WITH THERMOSTAT CONTROL ADJUSTABLE VENTING, ANTI-ODOR PADDING, AND A CUSTOMIZABLE FIT AT THE TURN OF A DIAL, THE UNION‰ã¢ MIPSå¨ HELMET COMES FULLY LOADED FOR YOUR ALL MOUNTAIN FREERIDING.
- Mips - Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPSå¨) is a step forward in helmet design. There are three main components to a MIPS-equipped helmet: the interior foam liner, the Low Friction Liner and an elastomeric attachment system between them. In an angled impact, the elastomeric attachment system stretches to allow the foam liner to rotate independently around your head. The goal of this technology is to further reduce rotational forces.
- In Mould Construction - In-Mold Construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making in-mold helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- Thermostat Control - Thermostat Control Adjustable Venting allows you to custom-tune airflow instantly with a simple, low profile control button on the outside of the helmet. No other system is faster or easier to adjust, and nothing is more effective at keeping you comfortable.
- Stack Vent Technology - Our Stack Vent was developed based on research showing the majority of warm air that can cause fogging comes from the goggle's center top vent. Aligning the Stack Vent in the helmet with the center vent of the goggle helps keep it clear and fog-free.
- Seamless compatibility - For optimal performance of both helmets and goggles, Giro products are designed to work together, ensuring a seamless interface between helmet and goggle for an exceptional fit and dependable, worry-free function
- XT2 Padding - Pure silver is the secret ingredient that gives XT2å¨ the power to provide natural, permanent anti-odor protection to keep your helmet feeling and smelling fres