2017 YES Public Snowboard
Requiring a neutral yet responsive and durable board, the Public was designed for terrain that was never meant to be ridden. Flat (or zero) camber keeps the board neutral enough to not get too squirrely and unpredictable. The core is milled with a mid-flex between the feet and a slightly thicker “bump” just outside the binding areas. This produces a soft overall flex that still pops ollies. The nose and tail profiles are a blended radius to flat kick that is perfect for extended nose presses.
- Rocker Type: FlatRock 2-0-2 – Rocker in the tip and tail, flat underfoot.
- Flex: 3 – (1 Soft - 5 Stiff)
- Shape: True Twin / Radial – A mainstay of freestyle riding. Completely symmetrical outline; the stance is centered on the effective edge, tip and tail are identical length and shape, flex is identical at both ends of the board. Radial sidecut is effective and predictable. The overall shape allows complete freedom of expression by keeping the board a neutral, yet responsive tool.
- Core: Full Poplar Core – Yes.' baseline core for tip-to-tail woodcore snowboard construction. Strikes a predictable balance between durability, consistent flex, and lightweight feel.
- Laminates: Biaxial Fiberglass
- Base: Extruded – Formed by extrusion. It's softer, retains wax better, and is easy to fix.
- Binding Compatibility: 2 x 4 Insert Pack
- Terrain: Freestyle
Ability Level: Intermediate-Advanced
Rocker Type: Rocker/Flat/Rocker
- Shape: True Twin
- Binding Mount Pattern:2x4
- Core/Laminates: Wood
- Athletes: Austen Sweetin, Justin Mulford